About Peti Morgan (LPSNZ)
I am proud to say I am an award winning fine art photographer! I live in Wellington, New Zealand, and I think my portfolio reflects a love of nature, and my introspective view of the world. I seek to share my connection with nature, in my work.
I am a member of the Photographic Society of New Zealand (PSNZ) and in 2014 I was made a Licentiate of the PSNZ, hence the letters you see behind my name. A Licentiateship is awarded for “proficiency of a high order in practical photography”, and reflects my dedication to the craft.
I was born in and currently live in Wellington, but I grew up in Te Anau, on the edge of Lake Te Anau and Fiordland National Park. Growing up in Fiordland gave me a great appreciation for nature and the environment, which I hope comes through in my photographs. I have also spent time living in Queenstown, and Auckland, and I spent my OE* working in Breckenridge, Colorado as a snowboard instructor, and in London. I love to travel and have continued to travel overseas regularly since my OE, most recently returning from a trip to Japan. I love the ‘discomfort’ of travelling to a foreign country, off the beaten track – the less English the better!
I have spent the last decade helping companies build beautiful software and digital experiences – most recently as an Agile Coach and Scrum Master, coaching teams using Agile technologies to deliver software.
In 2015 my husband and I welcomed our baby girl into the world, hence my photography took a back seat for a few months, but I still managed to work on something very special…
*overseas experience – a rite of passage into adulthood for many New Zealanders.
- 2016 – “Cryogenesis” – group exhibition, NZ Academy of Fine Arts: Environment – Conservation + Celebration
- 2015 – Licentiate portfolio – PSNZ National Exhibition (NATEX)
- 2013 – Group exhibition, Wellington Photographic Society annual exhibition
- (2015/2016 I have taken hiatus from photography salons and competitions due to the arrival of my baby)
- Champion Monochrome Projected Image: Arthur Bates Memorial Trophy & PSNZ Gold Medal – for “The Alligator” – PSNZ Canon National Exhibition (NATEX) 2015
- Acceptance – for “North Island Robin and Leaf” – PSNZ Canon National Exhibition (NATEX) 2015
- Acceptance – for “Kiss the water” – Creative Focus Competition 2014
- Acceptance – for “Island Bay” – Laurie Thomas Landscape Salon 2014
- Acceptance – for “North Island Robin on one leg” in the Digital Monochrome section of the North Shore Salon of Photography 2014
- “Island Bay” – selected to represent PSNZ in the Open section for Four Nations 2014 (International)
- Awarded a Licentiateship by the Photographic Society of New Zealand (LPSNZ) 2014
- Acceptance – for “Sea Shed” in the PSNZ Canon National Exhibition (NATEX) 2014 (NZ)
- Acceptance – for “GCSB Protest” in the Photojournalism Projected Images category, Dunedin Festival of Photography 2013 (NZ)
- Acceptance – for “Stair Well Well Well” in the Open Projected Images category, Dunedin Festival of Photography 2013 (NZ)
- Acceptance – for “Monster (Houghton Bay)”, Creative Focus Competition 2013 (NZ)
- Acceptance – for “GCSB Protest”, New Zealand Photojournalism Competition 2013 (NZ)
- Selected – “Matterhorn and Plane” – to represent PSNZ in the Monochrome section for Four Nations 2013 (International)
- Acceptance – for “The Longest Shortcut”, North Shore Salon 2012 (NZ)